I can finally show my book drawer tutorial today. I just share the basic of book drawer, hope you can make it with your own creativity.
The materials that used are yellow board or hard board, white cardstock or linen paper, and glue.
For the first, make the simple slide drawer.
I cut it with Silhouette CAMEO®, you can download the DXF file, here.
If you don't have this machine, you can make it manually. (I will share the pattern, soon.)
If the slide drawer is done, do the next steps below :
1. Score the yellow board with size 22.5 x 13 cm and then divide it into 3 parts (9.5 x 13 cm, 3.5 x 13 cm and 9.5 x 13 cm) but don't cut the board too deep, just make score line (cut a half of the yellow board thickness).
Make the center part scored every 2 mm.
2. Cut the white cardstock with size 26.5 x 17 cm.
3. Make the arch of books with bend the middle part of yellow board.
4. Give more glue on the yellow board. And then, put it in the middle of the cardstock with condition book cover in an already curved.
5. Cut out the ends of the cardstock so that the board can wrap the yellow board.
6. Put the slide drawer, make piles page looks with Distress Ink Walnut Stain or Vintage Photo. With the wide brush, take the ink from pad and then make straight line on the side of slide drawer.
7. Give glue to the top and bottom of slide drawer and then put it behind the book cover from yellow board.
8. Make dirty the edge of book drawer with Distress Ink Walnut Stain or Vintage Photo (same with ink that you used for make piles page looks).
9. Your book drawer is already done and you can arrange your embellishment with your own creativity.
This is my first tutorial. And i'm sorry if my English is bad.
I'm happy if you give a criticisms and suggestions for me to make this tutorials are more clear and easy to understand. You can send me an email email@example.com
Thanks for stopping by. And happy crafting.